Aerial System 1
Modern problems often require innovative solutions. For example, how does one recreate remarkable movie and music experiences at home without giving up precious living space to room-dominating loudspeakers? Let us introduce you to the Aerial SYSTEM 1.
SYSTEM 1 is an exceptionally capable multi-channel speaker system that surrounds large format video screens to form an integrated unit only twelve inches deep and barely wider than the screen itself. An impressive assemblage of audio technologies, SYSTEM 1 employs twenty-five custom-designed drivers within its high-performance left, center, and right channel loudspeakers and twin high-output subwoofers. Legendary Aerial performance is discreetly integrated within a slender, unobtrusive unit.
Its modular design allows SYSTEM 1 to accommodate video screens of different sizes, types and aspect ratios. Whether your screen has an HDTV 16×9 or CinemaScope 2.35:1 aspect ratio, is flat or curved, or incorporates variable masking, each SYSTEM 1 includes everything required to create an assembly seemingly tailor-made to your specifications. What’s more, unlike completely customized built-in systems, the adaptable SYSTEM 1 can be moved to a different space or re-sized for a different screen.
A neutral aesthetic design allows the SYSTEM 1 to blend with any décor. Equally important, it does not compete for the eye’s attention to images on the screen.
For all its practicality, the SYSTEM 1 provides a decidedly emotional experience. Its personality is lifelike and dynamically expressive, with a clear and natural midrange voice, airy extended upper frequencies, and powerful extended bass. Both music and film soundtracks are rendered in an inviting, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable way.
The Aerial SYSTEM 1. It’s that simple.
Aerial has been refining two-channel and multi-channel acoustic systems since its inception more than 15 years ago. In fact, decades of loudspeaker design experience are lavished upon every one of our products. From our very first award-winning Model 10T to our current and highly-acclaimed Model 20T reference loudspeaker, Aerial systems are widely recognized for their satisfying sonic performance and impeccable construction quality.
SYSTEM 1 is every bit an Aerial composition. Thoughtful attention to detail has been applied to every aspect of the system. The acoustic design of its left, center and right loudspeaker modules is derived from our award-winning two-channel designs. The twin high-output subwoofers benefit from our experience with the remarkable Model SW12. Its slim, modular components and semi-custom grille assemblies integrate seamlessly with video screens of widely variable dimensions with minimal intrusion into a living space.
Aerial System 1 Summary
Screen Compatibility From 100″ diagonal 1.78:1 (16×9) and up, 1.78:1, 2.35:1 and 2.40:1 native aspect ratios, fixed or variable masking, flat or curved surface, drop or fixed designs, four methods available for mounting virtually any screen type, 50.6″ minimum screen frame height and 93.6″ minimum screen frame width
System Configurations Standard configurations fitting many common Stewart® screens, custom configurations possible at additional cost and lead time
Optional Base Kit Rigid sand-filled steel with adjustable spikes or feet
Surround Channel Options Complete Aerial 5.2 to 7.4 channel configurations available, monopole, dipole, and bi-pole radiating patterns, on-wall, in-wall, in-cabinet, and in-room styles
System Dimensions Width: Screen frame +17.5″ (445mm), 111″ (2819mm) minimum, Height: Screen frame +23.0″ (584mm), 74″ (1880mm) minimum, Depth: 12″ (305mm) all configurations
Optional Base Adds 2″ (51mm) projection and 2½” (64mm) height
SYSTEM 1 SPECIFICATIONS
S1 Column Loudspeakers
• Frequency Response 50 Hz to 22 kHz ±2 dB
• Sensitivity Over 92 dB
• Impedance 4 ohms, 3.2 ohms minimum
• Recommended Power 50 to 500 W (8 ohms)
• Drivers (4) 7” woofers, (2) 6” midranges, 1” tweeter
• Crossovers 350 and 2,700 Hz. High order.
• Connections 4 x Gold-plated binding posts
• Optional Accessories Surround speaker packages. Bases. Grille colors.
• Dimensions (hwd) 50.6 x 8.5 x 11.8” (1285 x 216 x 300) with feet and grilles
• Weight Each 100 lb/45kg. 125 lb/57kg packed
• Finishes Smooth Black
S1 Subwoofers and Subwoofer Amplifiers
• Frequency Response Flat to 20 Hz
• Drivers (2) 10” Kevlar-Nomex cone, long linear excursion
• Amplifiers 600 W fully-balanced, all-discrete, high current Class A/B
• Crossovers LP & HP Filters, 30-100 Hz, 24 dB. Adjustable phase.
• Sensitivity 100 mv balanced or unbalanced, 1v high level
• Impedance 20k balanced, 10k unbalanced, 1k high level
• Connections Inputs: 2 balanced, 2 unbalanced, 2 high level
• HP Outputs: 2 balanced, 2 unbalanced
• Main Output: 2 x Gold-plated binding posts
• Dimensions (hwd) Subs 23 x 30 x 11.8” (585 x 760 x 300) with feet and grilles
• Amps 7.5 x 17.7 x 11” (190 x 450 x 280) with feet
• Weight Each Subs 120 lb/55kg. 150 lb/68kg packed
• Amps 40 lb/18kg. 45 lb/20kg packed
• Finishes Smooth Black
SYSTEM 1 DESIGN AND INSTALLATION FEATURES
• Elegant, integrated appearance without requiring expensive room modifications.
• Ideal for larger custom installations due to uniform-depth modular design.
• Slim 12” depth for minimal room intrusion, maximum flexibility, and sleek appearance.
• Custom grilles and cabinet extensions fit 100″ diagonal or larger screens
• Easily assembled by 2 people in 3 to 4 hours. Minimal labor for a professional result.
• Easily serviced without dismantling. Amplifiers are separate and can be rack mounted.
• Easily dismantled,moved, or resized to fit larger screens.
• Ultimate long term flexibility.
SYSTEM 1 PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• True high-end performance. Quality consistent with high Aerial Acoustic standards.
• High sensitivity (92dB) and exceptional dynamics.
• 25 drivers provide relaxed, natural performance at any level.
• 4 long-throw subwoofer drivers provide powerful, realistic stereo bass.
• 2 powerful 600 W amplifiers fit conveniently under the center speaker or in an equipment rack.
• Designed as a complete factory optimized system. Superior to mix-and-match systems.
SYSTEM 1 OPTIONS
• Flexible surround speaker packages for 5 to 8 channel systems.
• Shallow depth 2 x 250W stereo power amps for up to 8 channel self-contained systems.
• Bases to enhance performance, provide height adjustment and increase forward stability.
• Grilles in different colors.